I'm so much in Grandma mode, that I forget sometimes, that I'm still a Mother. I remembered on Tuesday night, when I got a call from Lizzi. She wondered if she should go get a CAT scan after catching her head in the door of her car. Yep, you heard me right. It took me way back; to cut off fingers, broken collarbones, slashed knees, appendicitises, swallowed rings, etc. Really, with five kids, we weren't really in the emergency room that often. But I digress. Lizzi, CAT scan. She didn't want to spend the money to go, but you know after Natasha Richardson's death from a head injury, I think everyone is a little bit more informed. So she valiantly trooped off to Presbyterian and told me she'd be OK by herself. I thought about letting her do that for about 2 minutes, and off I went to sit with her. Best thing about the night - she's fine. Got a clean scan. Second best, this picture.
Saturday, November 5, 2011
Mother Forever
I'm so much in Grandma mode, that I forget sometimes, that I'm still a Mother. I remembered on Tuesday night, when I got a call from Lizzi. She wondered if she should go get a CAT scan after catching her head in the door of her car. Yep, you heard me right. It took me way back; to cut off fingers, broken collarbones, slashed knees, appendicitises, swallowed rings, etc. Really, with five kids, we weren't really in the emergency room that often. But I digress. Lizzi, CAT scan. She didn't want to spend the money to go, but you know after Natasha Richardson's death from a head injury, I think everyone is a little bit more informed. So she valiantly trooped off to Presbyterian and told me she'd be OK by herself. I thought about letting her do that for about 2 minutes, and off I went to sit with her. Best thing about the night - she's fine. Got a clean scan. Second best, this picture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment