Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Jack turns 1

Jack came into our lives this time last year. What a little sweetie!! Can't believe it's been a year, but he's walking and infant days are over. I wonder what the toddler years will be like? Luckily for Jack, Stacy is a wonderful Mother and can be with him everyday. What a blessing that is for him, and of course Pat makes that possible. Good job, guys!

It's really interesting to see your kids become parents. It "grows you up" faster that anything else.... huge responsibility, huge reward. Pat started the process, but I hope we're in for a deluge with the rest---Annie, ?, ?, ?.

There are so many times I miss Mom, but I wish I could ask her how she felt when Mike was born. She came to Washington after Mary Isabel had been there for two weeks, because she had to finish her teaching contract. Mike was her second grandchild, and Denise was just 19. So even though she was a Grandmother she was still a parent, too. Actually, she never got out of the child business. She knew kids backwards and forwards and helped me immeasurably. Even though I'd read every book about child rearing available, she really got me on my feet and confident as a mother, with practical advise. I cried when she went home. She was a rock for me. I could, and did, talk anything over with her, and she always had an answer. Maybe not one I liked or followed, but an answer. Jeeze, I still miss her. Jack would be her 3rd great-grandchild, after Oliver and Braden.

So Mister Jack, you're the beginning. I hope to be a big part of your life, and I can't wait to meet your cousins.

.

1 comment:

  1. Why aren't you blogging anymore. Please blog. You're so good at it.

    ReplyDelete