Sunday, September 5, 2010

Moving 101

If you ever need to move, the one and only thing you need is commanding general George S. Patton/aka Annie D...R.......(See I remembered, don't use full names!) There's a scene in the movie Patton, where George C. Scott (who plays Patton) comes upon a convoy of trucks and jeeps bogged down on the road. They can't go forward, they can't go back, they're stuck. It's right before the Battle of the Bulge and he needs those trucks to move. He jumps down off his jeep (remember he's a General Officer, they don't usually get their hands dirty) and starts directing traffic. He says, "you go here: you there, get that blankety blank thing out of here: you, at the front, move off the road". He stands there with his hands on his hips and he TAKES CHARGE. Well that's what happened at my house Friday night (see picture, I do mean night). Anne and her sweet darling husband Mark and my lovely Lizzi all volunteered to come help move sh*** around to accommodate more sh***! Everyone was willing to help. I knew what I eventually wanted but didn't know how to get there. I was tired, and didn't want to ask these three who had worked at their jobs all day to do what really needed to be done, so to put it bluntly, I had a major meltdown. Enter Annie. First she let me have my cry, put her arms around me and hugged me and told me it would be all better. (Wait a minute, I'm the Mom, that's my job...not the other way around. I could feel the generational thing tilting on its axis!!) Well, I tell you stuff got moved. Those three were hefting boxes as if they'd worked for Mayflower all their lives. Desks were assembled, cabinets moved, garages cleared and re-arranged. It was a sight to behold. Just like in the movie, that convoy got moved because I had Patton, I mean Annie. Thanks you guys.

2 comments:

  1. you're so funny. Annie Roonie to the rescue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Nora,

    Please blog more. You're so entertaining. I'm always checking it...but nothing new. We want more! We want more! We want more!

    Yours truly,

    your adoring fans.

    ReplyDelete